Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Starting to Personalize my Egged Za

TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
edited 6:10AM in EggHead Forum
I can't believe how easy Egged pizza from scratch is. After a half dozen tries it is time to start tweeking to my taste. So still used AZRP's dough, made with beer, at least two days in the frig before use. Started tweeking the sauce not ready for publishing but a no cook sauce: tomatoes, tomato paste, fennel, dried peppers basil, oregano, garlic S&P. 500 indirect pizza stone sitting on smoking stones or green feet if you have them. Be sure to preheat the stone for 30 minutes. I use parchment sprinkled with corn meal for extra flavor.
IMG_0615.jpg

Comments

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    and it looks great...this forum has really inspired me to make my own dough and when I do (which isn't every time) it make sthe pizza tastes that much better.
  • jonnieAZjonnieAZ Posts: 66
    when you DONT make your own dough ...what brand/type do you use?
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    I started with dough from our favorite pizza palor. If it wasn't for this forum, I would have never thought to ask if they sold doughs. Then when I found they did. I thought the dough is so cheap, I think it was less than $3, I thought why bother making your own. I would reccommend starting with parlor bought dough. But if you have a kitchen aid mixer AZRP dough is really simple to make and if you have a little extra time it is enjoyable to do.
  • jonnieAZjonnieAZ Posts: 66
    i generally make my own with AZRP receipe..
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Publix, which is a local chain in the SE makes their own pizza dough and it is pretty tasty. You just need to let it sit out for about 4 hours so it can be workable.
  • EggmoramusEggmoramus Posts: 84
    Looks fantastic!
  • That looks so good, i have made my own pizza dough using one I saw Emeril Lagasse make on his new show Emeril Green, its simple enough, but I will have to try making my own sauce just never had the patience our time!
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    well done.. i suspect you will be awarded the ZIPPY ZA MEDAL OF ACCHIEVEMENT very soon
  • egger66egger66 Posts: 385
    I just saw your pics...great looking pizza! What kind of cheese did you use(deli,pre-shredded,etc)?