Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Brown truck just in time for pizza

Options
Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bent the stem on my BGE thermometer ten days ago and been waiting for the man to show up.Saw him pull up and grabbed the old Cannon.

002-23.jpg

004-21.jpg

005-15.jpg

It's going to get a workout tonight.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    watch that tru tell!!!

i bought one three weeks ago and cooked some butts in the rain now mine is foggy!!!!

i wish i would have stayed with the bge thermo :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Oh crap! That was one question that I asked them when I placed the order.Is it ok to leave it out in the weather and their comment was sure because it is hermetically sealed to withstand weather conditions.You might want to call them.Here is the tele. 1-800-232-5335 Good luck and thanks for the heads up and I will keep a check on it.
  • BENTE
    Options
    i will let you know what i come up with!!

i will call them when i get home from charleston!!

thanks!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• CaptainJimmy
    CaptainJimmy Posts: 158
    Options
    very funny... same thing happened to me... tel tru took 4 business days to ship it. Next time i'll order from freds i think.

i just got my replacement yesterday.
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Must be defective, I have 2 or 3 and they are uncovered and outside all the time. No fogging on mine but my BGE one did fog up so I bought the tel true. (Have had em for a few years)

I think just bad luck.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • BENTE
    Options
    my bge ones have been outside for two years with no cover and i never had a problem with them but i heard so much about the tru tel's i thought they would last longer than the normal 3 years my bge thermo's have been getting.. then this :( oh well i guess i deserve it for using something that is not bge on my bge :whistle:

i will call them monday i got back too late tonight to make the call

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb