Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Paella pans

Charleston DaveCharleston Dave Posts: 571
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've admired the pictures of Egged paella that Fidel and others have posted here, and last week cooked my my first paella with friends using an indoor oven and their huge pan (dinner was for 14, and we had leftovers).

I'm eager to try paella on my Egg because I suspect the oven version might be even better with some Eggsmoke. I've found Bomba rice locally but haven't yet bought a pan. There seem to be four kinds available:

(1) carbon steel, the most traditional
(2) stainless steel
(3) nonstick
(4) enamelled

Does anybody have any recommendations as to which kind? Nonstick always sounds good but I don't know if that interferes with the soccarat development. I'm thinking that one with handles oriented upward (as opposed to handles that stick out to the sides) might be preferable because it would maximize the size that can fit inside the Egg. Are there any features that I should look for that would make the pan less of a uni-tasker?

Thanks in advance!

Comments