Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

EggDeck 0.5

Jersey DougJersey Doug Posts: 458
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The outdoor kitchen picture here is pretty grim.

2pose38.jpg

The fact that it's also a construction site doesn't help. Clearly I have to do something. At the very least I have to get the Large and the Small up out of the mud and I have to get the Mini out of the shed. Having some more storage and work space besides the gutted Weber gasser would be good too.

I've long believed that if your house/kitchen/car/boat/whatever is never too small it's always too big, so I measured the "footprint" of the current setup that works well for me, added a bit for the Mini and a guest's chair and came up with 6'x10' as a good size for an EggDeck.

I'm still cogitating on where to put it.

29o3jug.jpg

What I decide to do about shelter (for me) from the rain and its effect on the view from the back windows is a factor, as well as minimizing the trek from the indoor kitchen when it's snowing or otherwise nasty outside.

In the meantime, I bought the materials for the deck itself. (The short boards are for the front steps of the house. The rest is for the EggDeck.)

ng846q.jpg

More to follow.

Comments