Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

EggDeck 0.5

Jersey DougJersey Doug Posts: 460
edited 4:45AM in EggHead Forum
The outdoor kitchen picture here is pretty grim.

2pose38.jpg

The fact that it's also a construction site doesn't help. Clearly I have to do something. At the very least I have to get the Large and the Small up out of the mud and I have to get the Mini out of the shed. Having some more storage and work space besides the gutted Weber gasser would be good too.

I've long believed that if your house/kitchen/car/boat/whatever is never too small it's always too big, so I measured the "footprint" of the current setup that works well for me, added a bit for the Mini and a guest's chair and came up with 6'x10' as a good size for an EggDeck.

I'm still cogitating on where to put it.

29o3jug.jpg

What I decide to do about shelter (for me) from the rain and its effect on the view from the back windows is a factor, as well as minimizing the trek from the indoor kitchen when it's snowing or otherwise nasty outside.

In the meantime, I bought the materials for the deck itself. (The short boards are for the front steps of the house. The rest is for the EggDeck.)

ng846q.jpg

More to follow.

Comments

• ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,956
    Well..that's a start Doug..lol!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • :) a gazebo sure would look nice in that setting ;)
  • Jersey DougJersey Doug Posts: 460
    The neighbor whose house you see in the background of the second photo suggested a pergola. That would provide shade once the wisteria or whatever we grew on it filled out, but do nothing for the rain.

We're on a 50' wide lot in a mixed use zone. There's a nicely maintained residence on one side and a landscapers' storage yard on the other. I'd rather blend in with the former than the latter.

I put up the EZ-Up over the Eggs-in-the-mud last night for a two-egg cook in the rain. It felt good to be under a shelter even though the rain didn't materialize. I'm leaning strongly towards locating the EggDeck so that I can add some sort of roof without any zoning issues or unhappy neighbors.