Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Big old ABT's

MickeyTMickeyT Posts: 607
edited 7:33PM in EggHead Forum
abt.jpg
<p />I made these abt's last night. 3 lbs of the biggest jalapenos I have ever seen for .99 At least 8" long.[p]These things are awesome.[p]Mick
·

Comments

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    MickeyT,
    Those look tasty...What did you stuff them with....One more day at work and then 7 days at the lake.
    Larry

·
  • MickeyT,
    Now I know what I'm having for dinner tonight. Thanks for reminding me. ABT's are great.[p]Spring (ABT Eater) Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

·
  • JSlotJSlot Posts: 1,218
    That's not fair, Larry! **Sigh** I guess I'll just have to cook some ribs and "act" like I'm at the lake.[p]Jim[p]PS I've got you and Kaye down on the Fogo de Chao list.
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,337
    MickeyT,
    The second from the left looks like a full meal. Were those genetically altered? Yowza![p]How spicy were the monster peppers?[p]packin for the Poconos!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • MickeyTMickeyT Posts: 607
    Chris,[p]My bad.................[p]I did 3 poblanos as well.[p]I left the veins in so they had some kick to em'[p]Tear em' up this weekend dude.[p]Cluck, cluck, cluck.[p]Mick
    ·
  • MickeyTMickeyT Posts: 607
    Larry,[p]Cream cheese, parm, Adobo seasoning, onion and a strip of pulled pork. My new favorite cook.[p]Last day for me then off to the lake as well.[p]Try them Mini rings yet Larry?[p]Mick

·
    MickeyT,
    Not yet...They will get a work out next week.
    Larry

·
    JSlot,
    Thanks Jim....I just called Homestead Village and got a room for the October 16,17 and 18th.
    Larry

·
  • JSlotJSlot Posts: 1,218
    Is that the official hotel, Larry? I haven't seen anything posted about that. If it is, please pass along details.[p]Jim

·
    JSlot,
    Thats where everyone has stayed the last 3 years...Here is the information. HOMESTEAD VILLAGE
    A room. A kitchen. A reasonable price. Within 2 miles of the festival. Call 404-325-1223. Located at 1339 Executive Park Drive ....
    Larry

·
  • DTMDTM Posts: 127
    MickeyT,
    How did the poblanos turn out? I love poblanos and if they are not too overbred about one in four will usually light you up. It would certainly cut the prep time down and maybe sliced horizontal. Gonna have to try it.
    Dan

·