Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rookie success

Options
a stick
a stick Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy all. Got my BGE as a gift this weekend and so did another family member. He brined a a superb chicken and I did "authentic" Kansas City salmon steaks. Soaked a cedar shingle purchased at Williams Sonoma for an hour and sprinkled a little rub. 325 degrees and 30 minutes later it was a success. Great cedar aroma and not too heavy on the smoke taste. What a way to start, Boston butts are up next!

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    A Stick, congratulations. You're just beginning. Butts maybe next but I'm sure brisket, ABTs, chicken, pork loins , etc etc will come soon behind.

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Wise One,
    Not to mention Mr. Toads tenderloin, which I believe everyone should cook, at least once. It makes you feel good to have everyone ooh and awe over the presentaion and the food, and will automatically cast you as a chef to be reckoned with.
    Hammer