Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Early 80's version for sale

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Time to clear out the garage... Comes in a new BGE nest and therm as pictured. Works just fine but could certainly use a clean-up/refurb if you have the time. Comparable to a new Medium egg in size...

Email if interested for pick up in Marietta - jump45@gmail.com

IMG_2823.jpg
IMG_2824.jpg

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Is that clay or ceramic? I know Ed Fisher got started by importing the clay ones from Japan, but I was under the impression that only ceramic eggs bear the BGE name and more importantly the green glaze. Is that correct? Other than a small batch of blue eggs run a few years ago.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's an original clay version. Perfect for your slo & lo as well as your cooking under 400 degrees. It is the initial version Ed sold at the original store. It fits perfect in the BGE cradle and the BGE therm fit perfect as well.

The first $80 to pick up in Marietta gets it.
  • RRP
    Options
    and before Ed started importing those he was in the Pachinko import biz - we still have ours!
    IMG_1208.jpg
  • Smokin' Jacket
    Options
    is this egg still available?
    I am in East Cobb and may be interested.
  • Lambchops
    Lambchops Posts: 166
    Options
    May I ask what a Pachinko is?
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    maybe 18-80s.

heh heh heh
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • RRP
    Options
    of course! It is/was an upright "pin ball machine" and in Japan they had these "parlors" on every block. In all honesty the rattling of the balls in route and the lights, bells and whistles from "scoring" and being "rewarded" kept men off the streets and people excited!
  • swamprb
    swamprb Posts: 97
    Options
    Pachinko Palace was the main Kamado/Pachinko/clay planter dealer in the Seattle area in the 70's & 80's and they ran ads every Thursday in the newspapers. I had a neighbor that brought a Kamado back from Japan after his tour of Viet Nam and I've been intrigued by them ever since. I got my first Japanese Kamado 17 years ago at a garage sale for $15 and never was able to do anything but grill on it until I met Dr.BBQ at a comp and he hipped me to the Big Green Egg and the rest is history! I'm a hopeless collector and refurbisher of the claypots! I do have 2 Large BGE's that are my go to's, along with 2 Imperial Kamado Modern style (L & M) 2 Hibachi Pots (L & M) and a Large Sakura Kamado. I recently sold a Noritake Fuji Kamado and have had a few Taiwan and Chinese made Larges. Each one I had always had an interesting story behind it!