Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Island with Green Egg

edited 3:48AM in EggHead Forum
I recently purchsed a Big Green Egg and would like to build an island for it. In addition to the Egg, I would also like to put my propane bbq pit and a burner on the island. I would like to construct the island out of brick, and it will be mounted up against my house (which is made of brick). My available space is 10 linear feet. I wuld welcome any comments and/or pictures.

Comments

• KFJ,
    A good place to start is The Naked Whiz's photo gallery. It is a series of photos that reflect a lot of imagination and talent in table design. [p]Mine is also there. I included a cheap gas grill in mine but I never use it. I would prefer a second BGE.[p]Go to:[p]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/TableGallery/tables.htm[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• willmwwillmw Posts: 41
    Similar question here. I'm about to build a house and would like to put the egg on my back porch (which will be screened and coverd). I'm not sure about the overhead clearance as it relates to heat produced by the egg. I don't want to damage the overhead porch covering. [p]Anyone have any experience or insights into this?
  • nikkignikkig Posts: 514
    BrickFinal.jpg
    <p />KFJ,
    We made our island out of brick, and have had no troubles with it. Once you start using your egg, you probably will not use your gasser anymore. There are many that are just used as fancy tool storage units now. I would not build it in, but leave some room for a second egg. [p]~nikki

[ul][li]Our Bricked Egg[/ul]
  • PujPuj Posts: 615
    Hanker'n2Grill,[p]You pretty much have everything covered. A couple of eggs, a burner, a sink, some refrigeration ... and I bet a boat load of good times.[p]Puj

• Mac  in NCMac in NC Posts: 287
    willmw, GFW has a medium Egg that he keeps on his covered porch. He has reported in the past that he has never had any problems with heat or smoke damage. Look under member profiles and you will find his website. Mac