Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Salmon

mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

after all the talk about salmon on the forum this week, i had to have some. .. of course timing is everything. . .last week i reported that my local harris teeter had fresh wild atlantic salmon. .. it was the most beautiful deep red color you ever saw. .. so. . .went back to harris teeter this afternoon to get me some. . .of course, they were all sold out. . so i ended up with the farm raised salmon (which of course, is quite good in its own right). . .bought a lovely 2lb filet that i cut into 4 nice filets. . .coated them with olive oil and then 'spun' them to each of my family member's desire. . .jamaican firewalk for my son, tsunami spin for my daughter, and raging river for my wife and i. . .[p]now here is where i deviated from the norm. .. don't know where i first heard about this (maybe raichlin, maybe brown, maybe someone else), but i thin sliced 3 large lemons. .. got the large egg settled around 375 dome temp. . .layed the lemon slices all over the grill, then laid the fish on top of the lemon slices skin side down. .. after about 10 minutes i turned the fish for about 5 minutes, then turned them again for a couple of more minutes. . .[p]they were fantastic. .. using the lemon slices as the grilling surface made for very easy turning and the fish was even moister than usual. .. this is a technique that i will definitely use again when grilling salmon. . .you don't get 'grill marks' but you also don't risk the fish sticking at all either. . .[p]served it up with some excellent risotto and a fresh baby spinach salad with olive oil/red wine vinager/sugar dressing. .. [p]great dinner. . .[p]hope every one else is having a great eggin weekend . .. .tomorrow. . steaks. ..