Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EggCaddy Complete!

Options
Bigsmoke
Bigsmoke Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, it's done. I have completed my EggCaddy table. I used pretty much the same plans as dictated in the plans on the internet. I measured and cut everything perfectly, so I thought. No pro carpenter, am I, however I can usually assemble something this simple reasonably quick and accurate. My main problem came when I slid the Egg into the table and set it on my two inch steping stone. It appeared everything was perfect, until I opened the top, and the hinges immediately dug into the table. I did not holler, but many expletives came out quitely. The palns said allow two additional inches to the space between the top and bottom shelves, which I did, and room for the two inch stone. Bottom line, I have a beautiful table that doesn't hold the Egg as prescribed. Have any other aspiring "Bob Vila's" had similar problems? I really hate to take half of the table apart to fix the problem. Should I add another stepping stone, or is there a more natural looking way to rectify this issue?[p]Good Egging to You,[p]Bigsmoke

Comments

• Still Smokin'
    Options
    Bigsmoke,
    I'd add the extra stone. I'd rather drink beer than redo the table. It's nice having a high table and a tall shelf below. Or, try the 3 little feet that came with it first to see if they give you the extra clearance. If you used a square shaped stone, put a round one below the egg. It probably will look like you were being artistic. Time for another beer!

• Bigsmoke
    Bigsmoke Posts: 30
    Options
    Still Smokin',[p]10-4 on the beer- even a moron like me can excel at that. Thanks for the idea on the round stone on top. I thought about some old bricks as a foundation, but I got worried about it being level. Oh well, as usual, on to plan B.[p]"Life without an Egg is no life at all"[p]

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Bigsmoke,[p]What size Egg are you putting in the table and what is the distance from the bottom shelf to the top shelf on your table?[p]I'm currently designing my own, so this bit of info may prove useful . . .[p]Thanks![p]TRex
  • Hanker'n2Grill
    Options
    Bigsmoke,
    Everyone be aware that if you have the newer BGE Spring assist hinges, you will have to allow a bit more room on the back side to open it.[p]I think the plans may still be for the BGE's with the older style hinge setup.

[ul][li]http://www.kseyes.com/BGE.htm[/ul]