Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Short Ribs how do I use them in an BGE

Options
Coleslaw
Coleslaw Posts: 46
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have some beef short ribs from a steer I bought, and I have no idea what to do with them, or how to smoke them. Any help out there?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Coleslaw,
    Are they cut into pieces like the little steaks on a stick? Or do you have a big chunk of them?
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Coleslaw
    Coleslaw Posts: 46
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    a big ol' chunk..
    thanks,

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    coleslaw,
    I have only cooked the individual steaks-on-a-stick, and I do them at 275 indirect for around 2 hours. They are real meaty, and don't seem to need the long breakdown time that regular beef ribs do. I have also cooked (many times) the Korean short ribs that are cut 1/4 inch thick across the bones. Those get cooked short and fast, and the meat is fabulous.[p]Hopefully someone who knows how to cook the big chunks will chime in. If I had a chunk, I would prolly try cooking them direct at 250, flipping every 30-45 minutes. Build up a nice crust, and pull off when the meat is tender. There is some wonderful meat in them that you don't want to overcook.[p]Just throwing out some ideas based on what I know. I have (for a change) had a lot of time to yack on the forums today![p]Le us know what you end up doing. You are a lucky fella to have a big ol' chunk of short ribs!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ