Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

first attempt at pics

Options
Sooner Egg
Sooner Egg Posts: 578
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ribs ready rubbed with Heinz 57 and Head Country BBQ rub

DSC00614.jpg

The large doing it's thing

DSC00616.jpg

The finished product glazed with made in Oklahoma Sweet Spirit BBQ sauce, along with some grilled corn and bbq beans.....the ribs were delicious

DSC00619.jpg

plenty of lump to get me through the summer, not stored in the attic pursuant to Naked Whiz's advice

DSC00618.jpg

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    those are some great photos i am doing beef ribs tonight and your 57 idea intrigues me!! i had never thought of that i am a big 57 fan. i may try that on my beef ribs.. but is it like using mustard? (no real flavor from it)

i have always wanted to try that ozark oak stuff but it is not availible in my area :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Good pic's..... Rib look good this morning.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Sooner Egg
    Sooner Egg Posts: 578
    Options
    was going to do the mustard rub but was all out and only had Heinz 57, had no affect on flavor whatsoever
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    Looks great Sooner.

Gator
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    It was a good weekend for ribs, another nice looking set off of the egg. An idea for the morning after that worked great was take a leftover rib (ha ha I know) and take the meat off it and put it in an omlet with some mushrooms and cheese. OMG it was good.

Doug
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Options
    Nice pic's Michel

Ross