Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another good knife for BGE'ers

Options
Smokin Bob
Smokin Bob Posts: 239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Somewhat of a follow-up but, I wanted to share my advice on what I consider the perfect multi-purpose knife for us BGE'ers! Being a former chef/cook while working my way through school in the restaurant business I found of course that there are as many different knives as there are tasks in the kitchen. You have chef's knives, pairing knives, carving knives, slicing knives, boning knives, bread knives, butcher knives, etc... All are handy but...[p]For the typical tasks within our forum (and my kitchen 80% of the time) I have found that the Wusthof off-set handle scallop-serrated bread knife is the best! I have attached a link (I hope it works) to one on EBAY which is the cheapest price I have seen for these ($20 - $25 range). They are made by Wusthof in the grand prix handle as well but a bit more expensive ($60 range).[p]It's is awesome for cutting and dicing any and all veggies (even delicate tomatoes). Obviously it is great for slicing bread but it is great for slicing all of your grilled/smoked meats. For large meats it can be difficult only because it is a 7 inch knife (the grand prix version is 8") but most of the time this knife is a dream with a very reasonable price tag. I have had mine for nearly 5 years now and continue to pull it out of the drawer 1st![p]Happy Eggin to all!
[ul][li]Wusthof off-set handle bread knife[/ul]

Comments