Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Loose band

edited 10:48AM in EggHead Forum
I have had trouble with the band on lid of the BGE coming loose and slipping off. Is this a normal problem? Does the band have to be tightened ever so often?
·

Comments

• Ken, you probably need to just tighten it good and tight. Stainless nuts and bolts are easy to damage with overtightening,, but I cranked mine down pretty good when I installed them and so far,, so good. The threads of stainless bolts will stretch when a nut is tightened and may be difficult to loosen,, but it should be easy enough to snip them off if needed in the future. I'm bad about ringing nuts off. I usually tighten them as tight as I can possibly get them,,, and give them another half turn. After re-reading my reply,,,,,, I'm sure I have cleared this up for you:^)

·