Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Loose band

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had trouble with the band on lid of the BGE coming loose and slipping off. Is this a normal problem? Does the band have to be tightened ever so often?

Comments

• Ken, you probably need to just tighten it good and tight. Stainless nuts and bolts are easy to damage with overtightening,, but I cranked mine down pretty good when I installed them and so far,, so good. The threads of stainless bolts will stretch when a nut is tightened and may be difficult to loosen,, but it should be easy enough to snip them off if needed in the future. I'm bad about ringing nuts off. I usually tighten them as tight as I can possibly get them,,, and give them another half turn. After re-reading my reply,,,,,, I'm sure I have cleared this up for you:^)