Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Citrus Marinated Stuffed Pork Tenderloins

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Took a little road trip on Saturday and went to Atlanta to visit with Smokey and his wife and get our new (used) medium egg. First cook was last night and she performed beautifully! Marinated the tenderloins in a mixture of orange juice, pineapple juice, soy sauce, oil, onion and garlic for about 6 hours. Then cut a pocket and stuffed them with shrimp, goat cheese, and mushrooms. Turned out great! [p]stuffed-pork-tenderloin.jpg[p]Only had one problem...whenever I do something like this, the first time I slice into it, all the cheesy stuff comes oozing out and it doesn't make for a pretty presentation on the plate or for a pic. Anyone got any suggestions? I let it sit for about 5 minutes before carving....thanks![p]QBabe
:~)[p]

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    QBabe, congrats on your EGGperienced Medium (I helped Smokey load up his EGGpreienced large yesterday). The thing that will help with your presentation will be a super-sharp knife. With soft stuffings, the pressure of the knife can force the stuff out. A sharp knife can lessen the pressure and allow a clean slice with little or no "squish" showing.

• QBabe
    Options
    Wise One,[p]Thanks for the tip. We did steel up the blade before slicing, but maybe it needed to be sharpened rather than just bringing the edge back. [p]Glad to hear that another of your church demos didn't have to go back to headquarters....Smokey will LOVE it![p]QBabe
    :~)[p]

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Lordy what a beautiful thing. Now I assume you used like tiny shrimp? Were they precooked? Do you have proportions of stuff for marinade? Would really like details...this is definitely my kind of thing.[p]mShark
  • QBabe
    Options
    MollyShark,[p]Gee, thanks! [p]Ok, the shrimp were precooked frozen tiny ones that I had gotten at Sam's Club. I just dumped a handful out (about 3/4 cup) and coarsley chopped them. Then I added a pkg (4 oz, I think) of goat cheese and 2-3 chopped mushroom caps. Mixed it all together and set aside.[p]For the marinade, I started with a recipe of Stogie's called "Kevi's Classic Grilled Pork Juice" but ended up changing it a little...[p]1/4 cup pineapple juice
    1/4 cup orange juice
    1/3 cup oil (I used vegetable, but you could use whatever you have in the pantry)
    1/2 medium onion, minced
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 tbsp brown sugar
    salt and pepper to taste[p]Whisk together all of the above and pour over tenderloins. Marinate 4-6 hours or overnight. I usually prefer overnight, but we got home late Sat and I just didn't feel like messing with it then, so it only got about 6 hrs. [p]I dumped the marinade into a pot, boiled it, and put aside to use as a baste on the pork. Since the tenderloins usually come two to a package, I divided the shrimp-mushroom-cheese filling, stuffed them, and toothpicked them shut. The toothpicks seemed to work better than tying with string, at least for me. With the string, I couldn't get it close enough to prevent gaps.[p]I cooked them direct on the medium at 310° - 325° dome and flipped them about every 10 minutes basting with the boiled marinade each time for a total of about 30-40 minutes.[p]Enjoy!
    Tonia
    :~)

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Wow thanks! This is SOOO my kind of thing. Will be on the menu this week for sure! I actually cut x's in the tenderloins to stuff so don't have to fasten them shut, but it is hard to do with those skinny little cylinders. Push everything down there with a wooden spoon handle. Great yum.[p]Thanks again.[p]mShark