Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's the shelf life of Carnivore sauce?

Options
mojo
mojo Posts: 220
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I dislike paying shipping for small items, so I thought I'd order a case of the Carnivore Robust BBQ sauce. I don't use a lot of sauce, so the case would last me quite a long time. I don't want it to go to waste, so I was wondering what is the shelf life of an unopened bottle? I emailed the company directly but, as of yet, I haven't heard back, and I want to order this ASAP in preparation for a rib cook. Thanks to anyone who can answer this for me.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Todd, can you help this fine gentleman with this question about your sauce?

I've never had a bottle last more than a couple weeks, so I can't be much help.
  • mojo
    Options
    Thanks Fidel for looking into this for me!
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    I have one bottle left so am also interested in this.

Thanks,
    Bordello
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Hi Mike,

I had to get in touch with my co-packer to make sure I was giving you the right information. I was told it would have the same shelf life as any other condiment usually 1yr to 1 and a half years. There are 12 bottles in a case. Let me know if I can assist in any other way.

Big'un
  • mojo
    Options
    Great, and thanks for the reply, although I have no intention of letting them last quite that long. On-line ordering here I come!
  • mojo
    Options
    It's a done deal. I ordered my case of Robust, and while I was at it I got a bottle of the Sweet and a bottle of the Chipotle to test them out as well. Guess I'm a sucker for the power of suggestion, as I also ordered a gallon of Bad Byron's Butt Rubb along with the full line of DP rubs. Keep in mind I've never tasted any of what I have ordered, but with all of the praise those products receive in Eggdome I know I haven't gone wrong. I've got lots'o cookin' to do!!