Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cobia recipie help

otisdog
otisdog Posts: 187
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Need suggestions please.

I've got two fresh cobia fillets on the way up from the Gulf. Should be here mid afternoon. Never cooked any. Any egg suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Did this one with a golden tile awhile back. Should work with cobia if you like the method.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=588760&catid=1
  • BigMojo
    BigMojo Posts: 20
    Cobia... Hmm, I'd go with what Richard said, it's a fairly dense white meat, I would say mid-high temp, skin side down, maybe 5 min a side...if that much.

Golden Tile...man, that's some good eats right there!
  • otisdog
    Thanks Richard, that sounds great. I'll give it a go sometime down the road, but I don't have the equipment or the skills for that cook.

Thanks for the response though. u too MoJo
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Otis...Wish I saw this post sooner! I hope I am not too late!! Cobia can be simply grilled! It is a wonderful white fish, but WARNING...has a tendency to dry out!! To keep it simple, brush with a tiny bit of mayonaise, then a sprinkle of fresh herbs (or Dizzy Pig Raging River? have it?) Just a sprinkle of a rub you like, but not too much! Grill direct, just like a steak, then finish with a squirt of fresh lemon. Just do not overcook it! Pull it when you "think it needs two more minutes". Let it sit a couple of minutes off the heat, and it should be perfect. It's a great mild fish....Hope you enjoy it!
    Also makes a wonderful fish spread if you want to smoke some of it low and slow!
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner. :(
  • otisdog
    LC,

Something came up (poker game) and I can't cook it until tomorrow so I can use your input. I've got a few grocery store rubs, but I have cilontra(spelling?), basil, thyme, chives, and rosemary growing in the yard. Wife's quite a cook and its her garden. Any of these do?

About 350 sound right for the temp?

Unrealted question, anybody ever use fresh rosemary with boston butts? I like it on ribs and I've got a giant bush of it. I was thinking of trying to get some smoke out of it somehow.

Also what temp. for the fish.

Thanks again to everyone.