Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

crushed tater please help

The BarbequetionerThe Barbequetioner Posts: 76
edited 5:47PM in EggHead Forum
looking for recipe. Do I micro or bake in egg? Olive oil? etc.

Comments

• Hey Tony,
    I think this is the recipe alot of us on the forum use.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/

Good Luck
    Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 2 Smalls, 1 well-used Mini
  • Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 2 Smalls, 1 well-used Mini
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Boil some small potatoes about twenty minutes until tender. Then smash them on a baking sheet that has been coated with olive oil and drizzle some more oil over them. Salt and pepper them and bake at 400 until lightly browned. -RP
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,199
    Morning Barbequetioner:

Faith gave you the recipe I use most often. The only diffenece I do is to microwave the tators before smashing them instead of boiling them. I think a metal pan of some sort with a heavy coat of oil to smash the tators into works best too!

Here is a pic of the most recent batch I did...
    P5220902.jpg

HTH

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• A quick sprinkle of rosemary on top of all that also works oh so very good. :)

Doug