Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back Ribs using Carwash Mike method

Buckwoody Egger
Buckwoody Egger Posts: 665
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Haven't posted pics in a while but have been cooking. This is my second batch of ribs, using Car Wash Mike's method but starting at 250 for 3.5 hours and finishing at 275-300 for .5 hour. Higher temp and shorter time -- mostly due to being busy or hungry, but cooking much longer would mean the ribs fall apart-- and I'd have to eat the pieces right out of the rib rack.

The rib rack is the Williams Sonoma one that someone linked to from here when it was on clearance. Did not use a drip pan.

First time was with Fat Matt's sauce (local Atlanta rib joint) and this time with Sweet Baby Ray. First time with just apple juice mist, second time with 50/50 apple juice and apple cider vinegar mist. Both times with mustard and Emeril's Rib Rub.

Both times great, second time was much better. Not sure how much the apple cider vinegar helped but I think it's worth it. Sweet Baby Ray seems to have paired better with Emeril's Rib Rub than Fat Matt's. I really like this pairing. Looking forward to trying one of the Dizzy Pig and maybe some of that Carnivore Que but haven't bought either yet.

What are other folk's favorite pairings with dry rub and sauce using the Carwash Mike method?

Also, I threw in some "country style cut" from Sams for the heck of it. Came out fine but charred about half of them.

Also want to add-- these ribs are just as delicious cold the next day. This batch is actually for a get together tomorrow at the lake. May not even need to heat them up, just cutting them into individual ribs. Anyone else like them cold?

Before:
ribs1.jpg

Finishing:
ribs2.jpg

Comments