Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Bourbon Chicken & Pineapple

Options
Pork Butt Mike
Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Grilled up boneless Bourbon chicken and Bourbon Pineapple tonight. What a great meal, wife was real happy and thats all what counts. :laugh:

100_0441.jpg

100_0442.jpg

100_0444.jpg

100_0446.jpg

Bourbon Marinade:

•1 1/2 pounds chicken thigh meat
•3 tablespoons olive oil
•1/3 cup light soy sauce
•3 tablespoons red rice vinegar or red wine vinegar
•3 tablespoons good bourbon whiskey
•3 tablespoons raw sugar, or to taste (up to 4 tablespoons if desired)
•1 green onion, washed and cut into thirds
•2 Teaspoons Ginger
•3 cloves garlic, crushed

Marinate the chicken atleast 4 hours, recommend over nihgt, the pineapple 1 hour.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Mike that looks good. Will do this weekend. That is direct and high?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    Looks yummy Poot..Glad Sabrina liked it. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    ;) Thanks for teaching me how to check to see if pineapple is ripe. ;)
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Mickey cook direct and not that high, between 350 & 400 dome, grate set up high on small with grate mates.
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    I did not not teach you anything about a pineapple, your nose did. :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Mike you made me think of something. I am used to a small with the gratemates like you. But the distance from fire to an inch of so over the opening on a small is not anything like and an inch on my new large. That did not hit till just now.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Looks good Mike. You gotta try the pineapple head.
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Oh I am SOOOO going to do this. EShark loves pineapple better than just about anything (other than maybe Kishka the dog) and I have a large thing of bourbon sitting here from...now why did I buy this. Wait wait..wasn't salmon. I can't remember! Maybe I put in too much bourbon! Anyway, I have a large bottle of bourbon and this should use up..lemme look. Three tablespoons? Oh dear. Well it's a start. Anyway, sounds yummy. Thanks.

mShark
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    I have just used rum on the pineapple that looks good. Same way with the chicken.

miek