Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pineapple Head Slide Show (attention newbees!)

Options
NJ-GrEGG
NJ-GrEGG Posts: 171
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Moments ago I gave my sample packet of Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head a try on some fresh pineapple and asparagus. Here's a brief slide show of my results.

http://cmd.shutterfly.com/commands/pictures/slideshow?site=newjerseyegger&page=newjerseyegger&album=40

Newbees...this is an example of a cook using leftover lump after a 5 1/2 hour sparerib cook. I had enough lump here to cook at 500F. I still had enough in the end to do some quick burgers!

Enjoy the show!

Comments

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Great slideshow!! Pineapple Head is one of my personal favorites from Dizzy Pig.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Wow! Thanks a lot for all the great tips! :blink:
  • bgebuddy
    bgebuddy Posts: 21
    Options
    Looks fantastic. If I am thinking of ordering a sampler of rubs from Dizzy Pig, are there some you recommend, or do I need to try the full load? I know this has been discussed a lot here, but I am just getting ready to order some.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    try the sample pack and pick from there, we love the few salt free ones. ragin river and pineapple head are two of our favorites
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    That's what I do - keep cooking til you run out of fire!
    Good going.

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nicly done! Tha looks terrific.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Soooo…
    "Pineapple Head" is salt free?? What are the spices in the blend?
    Perhaps I’ll have to try it…I’m into low / no salt because of a BP problem.