Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Nature Boy's Chicken

Kona TimKona Tim Posts: 35
edited 11:34AM in EggHead Forum
Hi there----a couple of days ago I saw a post by Nature Boy about cooking times for a whole chicken----seems it was 1 hour, 20 min, but can't remember what the temp was----my wife gave me two chix to cook tonight and could use some advice
had pigcicles last night---4.5 hr at 250---came out great! Thanks,[p]Kona Tim

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,354
    kona tim,
    Yeah...C~W got real close on that one. It was a 4 pound bird, and CW said 80 minutes at 375 indirect. I ended up doing it at 350, and it took 90 minutes.[p]Hope that helps. Keep an eye on your polder![p]Pigcicles!! Good one. I presume that is ribs.[p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
    kona tim,[p]Temps I use are usually about 350-375 for 1 1/2 - 2 hours depending on when the roster crows (well done)

• Bama FireBama Fire Posts: 267
    kona tim,
    Sounds like the wife if doing a good job keeping you busy! I haven't EGGed in two whole weeks -- that is gonna change SOON![p]Maybe some chicken wings tonight....[p]B~F

• Kona TimKona Tim Posts: 35
    Bama Fire,
    how you gonna do 'em? Tried the hot wings off the recipe page yet? Very good.
    See ya,[p]Kona Tim

kona tim,
    If you haven't tried Tanker Tim's Okinawan Wings, put it on your list! My favorite anyway.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Nature Boy,
    I haven't tried them yet ... lemme look up the recipe. Hang on a sec. That does sound good! How long do ya let 'em soak before hitting the egg? Do you baste?[p]Thanks![p]B~F

Bama Fire,
    They are best marinated overnight. I usually squirt a bit of Sriracha Chili sauce in too, and some Maggi Seasoning as half of the soy sauce. Toasting the sesame seeds first really creates a nice flavor also. Man, I gotta do some more of those. [p]Once I brined a huge batch in Brant's brine, then marinated with the Okinawan recipe. Overkill?? Probably, but dem was gooooood![p]This kind of talk is dangerous around 5:30 when my stomach is growling.[p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Nature Boy,
    I couldn't agree more! I beez REAL Hungry!