Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Demographics

Options
RGBHV
RGBHV Posts: 1,318
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just curious!

I'm sure BGE marketing folks have this information but I wonder who we all are?

Michael

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Do we guess yours?
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    It's my understanding it used to be a 'rule' to have your home town and State in your signature (on your profile). Some still use this, and it helps to see what part of the world we are talking to. Frankly I wish everybody would do that again :) . As for me, just see below! ;)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    A bunch of EGGHEADS! It's like a license to sell crack,LEGALLY!!! :woohoo: B):whistle:
  • Hoss
    Options
    I think he means Race,Income,Marital status ,number of kids etc,blah,blah,yada,yada,yada.Maybe not.But that is demographics! :huh:
  • RGBHV
    Options
    Adam - you can try and guess mine, maybe you'll get close, but then again - who knows!

LC - I wasn't thinking so much about location - I'm in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada BTW -

I was thinking about who are we:

Retired, Married, divorced, etc. with Kids (young and old), without kids, singles (I've seen all of those people on the forum but I wouldn't want to even guess percentages).

Then there all the other things - which is probably all very personal - but then again, I was just curious.

I read an article after a forum post talking about a bunch of X-bankers, etc. and I'm just not buying that.

Like I said, just curious!

Michael
  • Little Chef
    Options
    My name is LC. I am an X Banker, and I don't know the difference between demographics, and geographics.... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: (thanks Hoss...sometimes I swear I am blonde.... :woohoo: :woohoo: ) :blush: (NO offense to my blonde friends!!! Couldn't resist the joke) ;):whistle:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I've met enough Eggheads over the years as we have probably been to more Eggfests than anyone, and I would have to say that the demographic is we are all foodies that happen to like cooking on the BGE. There is no other common denominator I could site. -RP
  • Hoss
    Options
    I must concur. B) Like I said, a bunch of EGGHEADS!It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife in Hotlanta last year.I can't wait til the third weekend in October!!! :woohoo: :ohmy: ;)
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    A cult according to some people. :ohmy: "Cult following" has been in numerous papers.

Mike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    speaking of demographics, remember back in the 80's the marketing folks coined the acronym DINK (dual income no kids) to target consumers of luxury items? whatever happened to it? at that time I invented SINK to describe myself - Single Income Numerous Kids :woohoo:
    canuckland
  • RGBHV
    Options
    Ha! Ha! (not that there's anything wrong with that)

I've been working for the same company for about 16 years...within the first week I had someone call me looking for product - The client (She) told me that she was with the blonde aquitaine association. I ALMOST burst out laughing - I didn't realize at the time that it was a type of cow.

I apologize for the question - it was much more loaded than I thought and I didn't mean to get personal.

I just see people on the forum - (sometimes all day, sometimes before and after work and sometimes later at night.) Maybe we're are a bunch of insomniacs that would rather be part of this group cooking rather than surfing the web.

Michael
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
  • RGBHV
    Options
    Do you feel that your part of a cult - or do you feel that you're part of a group of dedicated people that truly believe in what they're doing - (the product, the style of cook, sharing ideas, etc.)

Michael
  • RGBHV
    Options
    That's brilliant!

Kids in every port!

Michael
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    It was a joke. But I would share the same koolaid with anyone on this forum. My best friends in the world are here.

Mike
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Oh oh Mike....food auditions not going too good? :blink: :silly:
  • RGBHV
    Options
    I hadn't heard the term before your post (or someone else's a few days ago) Of course I had to look it up!

Whenever I don't understand what my wife, her friends are or my daughters are talking about, I just say "yes dear" - it works for me!

Michael
  • Hoss
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol: I've been there,done that!!! It's simple....$$$$$$$$$$$!!! :whistle:
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    shhhhhhhhh, don't tell my other half!
    canuckland
  • RGBHV
    Options
    And here I was thinking you were serious!

I'm so niave.

MOS
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC07834a-1.jpg

I'm just a plain 'ol barbecue hand.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I happened to be up checking the plumbing and saw your post. Read all the replies and thought I would throw in mine too.

Here's the viewing demographics on my recent Flip video

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=649727&catid=1

As you can see most of my movie viewers are women. I guess I've still got it LOL...

FourButtsonEggmoviedemographics.jpg

Spring "Still Got Some Spring" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    My 34 year old daughter was describing where I was a few weeks ago (Texas Fest) to her friend in Dallas. Words of a “Trekkers Reunion” was used (daughter never in attendance of a fest) and no appreciation for real life enjoyment. I did interject that we Eggheads have real, real good food and adult beverages.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Send her the The Texas Eggfest Movie...

Friday night Greet & Meet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKM9RCidDVg

Part 1 Early Saturday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DqHuV4jMjk&feature=related

Part 2 Mid Day Saturday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhprhoeT0FU

Part 3 Afternoon Saturday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXXR1lw_mIo

Then buy her an Egg of her own.

Spring "Just Trying To Help" Chicken
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm sure they just like checking out your butt/s!

Ha! Ha!

Michael
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I remember all those. My personal favorite (which unfortunately applies to me) is SITKOM.

Single Income, Two Kids, Oppressive Mortgage
  • BayouMark
    BayouMark Posts: 284
    Options
    I think we all share a common love for good food. I think second we like to share techniques that produce that good food. Third, I think we all look for some type of commonality and that's the green egg. It never fails to amaze me how fast people on the forum respond to one another and the quality of their answers. The humor is great. So what truly is the demographic? I think is those of us who are fortunate enough to own one of those ceramic gizmos or the ones who are smart enough to realize they want to own one of the gizmos.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It never ceases to amaze me how many people say the egg is too expensive, but once they buy one egg, then they buy a second, a third, etc.

I live in Canada and we BBQ all year round but more (almost daily) between spring through fall.

To the people that think it's too expensive all I would ask is: Do you BBQ as much or more than you cook in your oven? Most people spend way more than $1K on their ovens. I don't know about you, but my oven doesn't have a lifetime warranty. My egg does though! And the food tastes better.

Fortunate? I think it's common sense!

Michael
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    You get the chix Leroy.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i've noticed over the years that quite a few of the posters here (not necessarily BGE owners in general) are self-employed/contractors/entrepreneurs.

this sometimes means they have money, but more often it seems to mean that they are "independent" (in thought especially)

in fact, as i think of the individual personalities whose jobs i know, if they aren't working for themselves, they are very senior somewhere else, or retired.

if i had to guess, i'd say that BGE owners are more likely to be middle-upper to higher income (except for me); educated (except for sundown :evil: ); and extremely good looking (except for fidel); more likely to be retired or self-employed or an independent contractor (self-starter); more likely to live in the south east (market saturation and name recognition); more likely to watch a fishing show or "This Old House" than "Desperate Housewives"; more likely to drive a luxury brand while conversely having a ten-year-old beater on hand as well; more likely to go to church than not (even if that church is a bar); more likely to donate money than to not; likely to qualify to be a card-carrying member of MENSA, but not likely to bring it up in conversation (except CW); more likely to have their own cool-as-hell golf hole; less likely to eat out often, more likely to spend more money on fewer high-quality things than to spend a lot of money on a lot of lower quality things; more likely a Leno fan then Letterman (i watch Letterman, like Leno -home town boy); more likely to be male than female; more likely to have a dog than a cat (two cats here); more likely to cook for themselves 4-5 times a week outside, and 2-3 time inside; evenly split between boxers and tighty-whities (with a small contingent of "commando" advocates);
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante