Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Memorial Day Pulled Pork

Options
Dex
Dex Posts: 85
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did my first ever pulled pork this weekend. Turned out great! Thought I would share some pictures of my Medium Egg in action

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1097-1.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

Comments

• gladis
    gladis Posts: 25
    Options
    wow that looks yummy!

I have 2 hours left on my first pulled pork cook also, so far its going well on my lil 6 pounder. :)
  • Dex
    Options
    One of the butts on mine took 16 hours and the other took a litte over 17 hours.... well worth it though :woohoo:
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Congrats fon what looks like some great BBQ.

Was wondering....I did a two butt overnight burn on my med egg starting Sun night at 8PM (started the lump at 7PM) My butts were finished in 11 and 12 hours respectively (something close to a 7 and 6 lbs butt) at a target dome temp of 250. I was surprised how much lump was left so much so that I cooked Sumday's dinner on it using the egg for at least another three hours tageting 400 dome temp before flame out.

Thanks,
  • Dex
    Options
    My butts were both around 8 lbs. I actually had to add lump around the 14 hour mark. I think the only reason is because when I filled it up at the beginning, it was the end of my bag and there was a lot of small lump. If I had more larger chunks, I would have been able to finish on it I bet.
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    I hear ya. I've started hand building the lump in the fire box like noted in many posts. Seems to significantly help out on the lo and slo.

Good luck!
  • 407BGE
    407BGE Posts: 187
    Options
    Cook looks good. Location in a garage is questionable. I would be VERY careful cooking in a garage.
  • Dex
    Options
    I've always grilled in the garage. Actually.... its right on the edge. No smoke even gets in the garage. I've held my hand a couple feet above the egg when cooking and no heat. It never goes unattended though. If I leave, I pull it outside.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    just be careful of carbon monoxide. can't see it or smell it...
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante