Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rain Hat/Cover

EggmoramusEggmoramus Posts: 84
edited 5:38AM in EggHead Forum
Can anyone help me with this? I have seen over the last month or two where someone has posted pictures where they have a little metal cover over the top of the egg. The reason I am asking this question is that I have started a cook and it is getting ready to pour rain and I know I will have water going down on my cook. Any idea where I can procure such an item? thanks for your help.

Comments

• eggfaneggfan Posts: 73
    I have also seen this in recent pics and would be interested in getting one.
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,671
    Most hardware or big box stores just measure the diameter. It's a roof vent.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 20,436
    here's my "coolie hat" style vent cap. Less than $10. Juat a word of caution even at low dome temps these get extremely hot and can burn you. Handle with a tool!

IMG_1240.jpg
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,740
    rocrow,

You can get stainless ones at a fireplace shop. 7" chimney size works perfect.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• EggmoramusEggmoramus Posts: 84
    That is exactly what I'm looking for. Where did you get it?
  • RRPRRP Posts: 20,436
    I bought it at a chain home improvement center called Menards. You can find them in many places as they are quite common. I preferred this galvanized sheet metal one over the lighter weight aluminum ones.
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • EggmoramusEggmoramus Posts: 84
    Thank you very much!