Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chicken recipie

Options
otisdog
otisdog Posts: 187
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm a newbie and I'm planning to cook my first chicken this weekend. I've got an upright ceramic chicken roaster. Works like a beer can rack. Looking for recipie suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=486408&catid=1
    Welcome! This is a link to a chicken I spatchcocked some time ago but everything is the same except one is up right and one is not! :laugh: I used to do beer can chicken but this is much easer and I cant tell much differance. Just don't overcook that bird. Thats the #1 mistake. 165-170 COLDEST POINT OF THE BREAST. Good luck.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Welcome to the eggdom world Otisdog! JL is right on with the chicken. Keep us posted. Have a great weekend.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    I believe in cooking everything simple (KISS). It is not the rub or marinade that makes the food fantastic it is the egg and cooking to the correct temperature. Look up spatchcock and try that. Good luck!