Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin recipes / tips needed

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got my large egg about a month ago, love it, Ive done steaks, salmon, spatchcock chickens, etc. with great results.[p]Ive got a 5 pound pork top loin roast scheduled for eggxecution, any recipes, links, tips, etc would be MUCH appreciated![p][p][p][p]

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Arkansas Egghound,[p]Go with the best first![p]K~G

[ul][li]Mr. Toads Porkloin masterpiece[/ul]
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Arkansas Egghound,
    Here is what I do.[p]~nikki

[ul][li]Pork Loin[/ul]
  • Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    Arkansas Egghound,
    Check out the link below for Ravenhaus method of doing pork loin. I have used this twice with wonderful results. The last two times I cooked a loin I left out the preserves all together and just covered with bacon and Dizzy Dust and used lots of apple wood for smoke. These, too, were excellent.[p]http://homepage.mac.com/ravnhaus/BBQ/4.24.02ploin.html

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Arkansas Egghound, another alternative is to go the stffed route (ala Mr. Toad) but use coarse grain mustard, spianch and feta cheese as the stuffing.

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Arkansas Egghound,
    I do the Mr. Toads recipe very often, except I make the following changes. I use fig perserves on the bottom loin, Orange marmalade on the second layer, soak the fruit in rum, and a rub called sweet sensations from the Smoke and Spice cookbook(new one) on page 81.
    This will take your taste bud's for a ride, and I serve a Pinot Noir to serve with it.
    Hammer

• Unknown
    Options
    Arkansas Egghound,[p]Is this a bone-in roast? Looking like a row of pork chops all attached? If so, some of the recipes below might not be appropriate - one that IS a fantastic cut but which I haven't been able to find often around here any more.[p]Lee
  • Rich
    Rich Posts: 67
    Options
    Arkansas Egghound,
    I have cooked pork loin several times and have never had a failure. Pork loin seems to be made to be cooked on an egg. I tried Mr Toads recipe and variations of that recipe. Your can't go wrong. I have gotten lazy a few times and put the pork loin in the egg without doing anything special except add some wood to give it a smoked taste. These come out great also. The trick is to cook it to an internal temp between 140 and 150. 160 seems to dry out the meat. Hope this helps.
    Rich

• the Fat Man
    Options
    Arkansas Egghound,
    Go to www.chefanthefatman.com and you can get a real easy but very tasty bacon wrapped pork loin recipe. We cooked this at the BGE store during one of our shows...They loved it EASY!
    the Fat Man

• the Fat Man
    Options
    Arkansas Egghound,
    Go to www.chefandthefatman.com and you can get a real easy but very tasty bacon wrapped pork loin recipe. We cooked this at the BGE store during one of our shows...They loved it EASY!
    the Fat Man
    Sorry for the screw up...forgot the d

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Arkansas Egghound,[p]I'm probably too late if you did it yesterday, but this was one we did not long ago and it turned out GREAT! The sauce is particularly interesting...the lemons really give it a wonderful flavor and quite a zing![p]QBabe
    :~)

[ul][li]Memphis Pork Loin[/ul]
  • Unknown
    Options
    QBabe,
    Just came across your picture of Memphis Pork Loin and will be trying to duplicate your success soon. Thanks sooo much for including the recipe of this epicurean delight which has already gone into my BGE Eggstraordinary Eggscellent Eggcipes Book!

Keep On Egging,
    Eggserroneous