Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DD, JF, or SV on Spareribs?

Options
NJ-GrEGG
NJ-GrEGG Posts: 171
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
To fellow Dizzy Pig fans....

Which of these three rubs do you like the most on spares? I used Dizzy Dust many times, but never Jamaican Firewalker or Swamp Venom.

Do you use a sweeter bbq sauce when going with the spicy rubs?

I'm looking for a nice combo that will knock the socks off a crowd of about 10-12 people.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I like to add a little of both dizzy dust and swamp venom to ribs, and finish with a sweet sauce.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I agree with Rod on the spices but prefer the spicier carnivore robust sauce.
  • YetiBob
    YetiBob Posts: 65
    Options
    I LOVE the dust! I have also found Tsunami to be amazing on ribs too.. mmmmmmmm
    In Maryland
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    I like to soak my pork ribs in apple juice for 2 hours and then cook the 3-1-1 method. I use apple chips for more smoke flavor and have never had a complaint.
    I did 20 lbs of Rib Tips that way for a group and they could not stop complementing me. I served Sweet Baby Rays sauce on the side and very few sauced the ribs.
    The smoke ring is what got them. They had never seen ribs that way.
    Try to cook without a lot of spices and let the egg and open fire give the flavor you may be surprised.
    E