Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

bread, pasta, seafood, beer, shots, thats what i w

fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,115
edited 3:16PM in EggHead Forum
made the bread, pasta, chourico, shrimp fra diavolo, casserole that i was craving after depriving my self for all these months. no need for sweets unless we are talking buca. could i have gotten more carbs in one dish

DSC_0376.jpg
my favorite pie plate

DSC_0381.jpg
some cabot cheddar

DSC_0382.jpg
ziti with some chourico and spiced up sauce

DSC_0383.jpg
some shrimp

DSC_0384.jpg
some seafood stuffing and butter

DSC_0388.jpg
plated but undercooked, back into a 650 degree egg

DSC_0390.jpg
cravings satisfied, should have taken pics of the flaming shots
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,418
    Would that be indirect?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,352
    Now that my droolin' has done in yet another keyboard, I'll not look at another of your posts (but I might just peek)! Hope your creel stays filled this summer! 8 - ),,,,
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    So, how's the weight loss going this week fish? :evil:

That thing looks delicious.
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    WOW!
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    no freakin fair!! :evil: I am at work and the large egg here is not unpacked from winter storage yet! I have tomorrow off and bread bowls with cheese steak are on the menu for dinner tomorrow night.
    ·
  • Weekend WarriorWeekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    I'm betting he's cutting back on his daily intake of adult beverages to offset the calorie count in that(looks at next to last photo again), er, well, maybe not! :woohoo:
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,115
    i used fire bricks on a lower grid, a thick soapstone on a really raised grid. guess thats double inderect.
    ·
    split some fried proscuito chunks with the dog sunday morning and some glazed wings sunday night with dad and back on the cheap beer. seeemed to have lost a pound :laugh: its NO FOOD MONDAY though.
    DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg
    found something interesting, fishing while standing burns 302 calories an hour. figure 20 hours this weekend of excersize, i didnt know i was excercising. :laugh: now with my legs all tensed up with a bad back i may even be burning more, sciatica down both legs
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Nicley done! I like the ring of shrimp in the pic. Really makes it. ;)
    ·
  • BuxwheatBuxwheat Posts: 727
    fishlessman: Read your post on Friday about the Bread Bowl Pasta and was inspired (Linky for my post: HERE ). Mine didn't turn out nearly as good as I had imagined it would, but there is potential here for a great creation. As I said, "What's not to like? Fresh bread, pasta, cheese, tomato sauce, and sausage. All in one." My wife thought what I made was pretty good, but I think it paled by comparison to that work of art you created. Please give a detailed recipe if you don't mind. I want to try this again. Hopefully approaching something like the one you made.
    ·
    i used this as the sauce with a couple jalapenos halved in it, didnt add the shrimp to the sauce. i did add a little more white wine and a squirt of honey and some browned crumbled chourico sausage to it.
    http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipe/268/shrimp-or-lobster-fra-diavlo.html
    layerd everything as shown with alot of sharp cheddar cheese on bottom and a little between the pasta and shrimp. cooked raised grid with fire bricks down below and a pizza stone raised above with the pie plate sitting on the pizza stone at 400 degrees. i think the seafood stuffing really kicked it up, our supermarket really makes a great seafood stuffing mix. the shrimp was still raw in the middle when i first took it off, raised the temps to about 650 and put it back in for a few. i used a whole dough ball from the supermarket and had enough pasta left over to have on the side but i never measured the ziti just tossed some in the boiling water ti; it looked like enough. i didnt have the bread bowl recipe with me when i went shopping so just picked up things that looked good to me
    ·
  • BuxwheatBuxwheat Posts: 727
    Thanks, that helps. I was mainly curious about the dough and how much to use. That and how much pasta. I ended up eyeballing the pasta when I realized that there was no way 2 cups would fit. Also, that's a good idea for the setup for the cook. A lot of folks use a pizza stone on a plate setter w/ feet in between. I don't have a plate setter, but I got fire bricks and an adjustable rig. I should be able to get the same thing going. Still have half a ball of dough left, so I'm going to give a try again. Hopefully mine will turn out as sweet looking as that fra diavolo of yours!
    ·