Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cost of a new 9" grid for the mini?

Options
Wazoo
Wazoo Posts: 150
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone know the cost of a new 9" grid for the mini?

Thinking of either 1) buying a mini-woo2; or 2) buying two 9" grids and making an off-set grid rig -- which ever option is cheaper. Looking to do some micro-indirect cooking on the mini using the mini-pizza stone you can get on Amazon -- ala Vidalia1.

Comments

• Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    I just bought one from Fred's Music and BBQ for $16.95 for the same reason, and with the same inspiration.

I saw a neat Mini indirect setup here on the forum which I neglected to bookmark and, thus, can't properly credit. It looked like a standard grid in the standard location, a foil pie plate sitting on the aforementioned grid, and a second grid resting directly on the pie plate.
  • Wazoo
    Wazoo Posts: 150
    Options
    I've had a large egg for several years. Before all the new accessories came on board, we would get two Webber 19" grids and stagger them via long bolts, washers, and nuts -- top the rig on the inverted place-setter for the drip-pan and you had a two-tier rack. Wasn't particularly pretty, but it worked (and works) just fine. Looking to do the same here (in principle), possibly.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Yep, Tom at www.ceramicgrillstore.com
    now has a new & improved mini woo that will hold the Amazon pizza stones. You can use it just like a platesetter for indirect cooking.

You place the woo on the fire ring and the pizza stone sits inside the Woo...you can put a small aluminum pan or foil on the pizza stone. We did fatties, sausages & pork tenderloins indirect on Saturday at Waldorf.

They are a must in my opinion for the mini. I also have used the mini woo with pizza stones to do pizzas and used the 8" CI skillet for all sorts of grilling...

look for some of my recent posts and you will see the pics..

email me at bludyung@yahoo.com if you have any questions....