Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

IT IS HERE!

Curious in California
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey, Oh, my gosh! I was just enjoying reading about everyone's handle and the phone rang. BBQs Galore says that my Egg has arrived! Only a little over a week's wait. I ordered a medium. I look forward to accesorizing. More later........C in C.

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Curious in California,
    well, curious, prepare to become "strange" in california.[p]yer gonna be bothering all yer friends and family with tales of your egging, and their all gonna think you lost your mind.[p]that is, til you cook somethin for them.[p]welcome aboard.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    Curious in California,
    If you are looking to eggcesorize (sp?), here is your list:[p]Polder thermometer
    Thermapen
    mapp gas torch
    leather grill gloves
    ash tool
    "Lawn Ranger" grid lifter
    plate setter
    extra grid with 4" stainless bolt to use as a raised grid
    v rack
    Egg Cart/Nest
    lots of heavy duty aluminum foil and aluminum drip pans
    cast iron dutch oven w/ lid
    4each 1/2" brass elbows to be used as kiln posts
    BGE pizza stone
    2 pizza peels
    plenty of lump
    5 gallon bucket with lid for lump storage
    several different bags of chunk smoke wood (hickory, pecan, mesquite, cherry, apple, alder are most used)
    supply of Dizzy pig rub (ask Nature Boy)
    Daisy wheel
    dome thermometer
    cooking journal to log your success and failures
    FoodSaver vacuum sealer[p]This is just a short list. Someone else may chime in and add some of the other "can't live without" accessories for your grill.[p]Please be sure to share your success and failure stories with us. You have a wealth of knowledge here. Be sure to go to The Naked Whiz's web site and read up on "Flashback" If you have anyt questions about ribs, TimM and JSlot are the experts, anything to do with red sauce (pizza sauce) RRP is the one to ask.[p]Remember, the bottom vent is for macro temp adjustments and the top vent is for fine tune adjustments. To get a good 210 degree cook, crack the bottom open about the thickness of a credit card, for 350, the bottom is open about 1/2"[p]Welcome to the family Curious[p]Banker John[p]Banker John