Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Name or "Handle" - This inquiring mind wants to know

Comments

• Toe 49,The kids say, I’ll smoke just about anything and I always have a big Smirk on my face when I’m smoking something. So Smoke-N-Smirk! It became.

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Nature Boy,
    Had the pleasure of meeting the Juggy team at Raytown. Both dad and son taught me a lot. Great people!!!
    Good story Juggy. Do we dare dream of the Royals in post season play?[p]CWM

• Wise One,
    So...sort of a nickname to my handle? Just might do it. Especially since my Egg has arrived and I'm sure I will be posting lots of comments/questions soon. C in C

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Curious in California,
    Royals or Chiefs fans? Don't know when you left KC but tailgaiting at Arrowhead has become legendary around the league.[p]CWM

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Eggserroneous,
    That's to funny.....kno those movies...I have a bro-in-law who has a name picked out based on the movie "Strange Brew"....[p]I've loved the stories and am very proud I finally asked the question.....this is one fun post....I'm hoping the replies get up over 100.....normally mine get maybe 10..

• Toe 49, my name is pete and i'm generally smokey. either from cooking with smoke or the delightful, full bodied henry clay corona gorda clenched in my teeth. seemed appropriate.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Jethro,[p]I like when they were trying to teach that parrot to talk. "Wanna get high? Wanna get high?"[p]I know, I know, this is a family forum...
    Cornfed

• StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    Toe 49,[p]Ahh...what to say...my brothers used to tell me that I wasn't really part of the family..on accounta my momma didn't have me..she found me..deep in the woods gnawin' on a Stump. Poppa said don't mean nuthin..that momma found me..instead of havin me...and way he splained it...I sure was a part of the family..since they done cared for me all this time. [p]Still though..since then I been called StumpBaby..cept for a real short time..when I started grade school..after my first gym class...for a whole week I was called Stubby Trombone...ahh..kids can be cruel...but that seemed to stop..right when they moved the gym class to early in the morning.....then there was the other time..when poppa seen me down at the creek washin up..for a while ..he called me "It's mine and I'll wash it as fast as I want to " sure wish Id'a picked my words better..but still.. somebody done sneaks up on yah like that..sometimes yah just shout out somethin silly as all get out....grampa sure used to laugh when poppa called me that..but for a long time now..I been known as either Stump...or StumpBaby...and that's just fine with me...[p]Ahhh..the life of a Stump...[p]StumpBaby..back online...

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    ravnhaus,
    Cool! I always 'assumed' it was a play on ravenous.... y'know..a hungry bbq guy!
    Qfan

• Toe 49,[p]As the name suggests, I like potatoes. Always have and always will. Anyway you serve them. Fried, mashed, stuffed, julliened, boiled, blanched, hashed, smothered and covered, grilled and barbecued. In a boat, on a train , in a plane, anywhere, anytime. Carry out, picnic, in transit or in the hot tub. Dan Quayle can misspell all he wants, it only makes me want more. What Bubba was to shrimp, I am to potatos. Have always been called Tater.
    Nice thread.
    Tater[p]

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    StumpBaby,
    "i'll wash it as fast as i want to..."[p]friggin priceless[p]hahahahahahha

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • WudEyeDoo
    WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
    Wise One,
    I was wondering how that happened also. When I first tried to post, I didn't enter my name and it came back "error" and I corrected it--maybe that had something to do with it?

• Drivr
    Drivr Posts: 163
    Toe 49,
    I used to be a truck driver and I've had this handle since using BBs's in the mid 80's. Gave up driving 6 years ago but kept my online nick name.

• Cap'n
    Cap'n Posts: 72
    WooDoggies,
    Raising my jug to Jed - it is a sad day to hear of his passing.[p]cheers,
    cap'n

• Cap'n
    Cap'n Posts: 72
    Toe 49,
    Think this is the one of the longer threads I have seen here that was all positive!! Good on ya Toe![p]I was introduced to this forum by WooDoggies - an old friend from NC. And when I got to thinking of a name to use - Cap'n jumped out - it was my nickname at the pub at my grad school out in Phoenix. My last name is Morgan and I used to drink rum a lot - hence the name.[p]Cheers,
    Brian

• StumpBaby,
    thank god you're back. . .i was holding down the humor section all by my lonesome, and lord knows i can't spin poetic like you can. . .and my wife and kids don't have as much hair or as many toes as you do. . .although my cousin effie-mae does have big goiter that hangs like a football from the side of her neck. .. [p]missed ya pal!!

• Toe 49,
    mine came to me as obvious. . .my real name is max. . .i always loved the 'mad max' movies. . .and really after the chase scene in "the road warrior". .. my next favorite was the big fight in 'beyond thunderdome'. . you know "two men enter, one man leaves. . .two men enter, one man leaves". .. [p]anyway, 'mad max beyond eggdome' just had a great ring to it for me. .. .[p]

• BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Toe 49, My favorite food is Beer and my first name is Mike. I began brewing my own beer about 10 years ago and just can't stop brewing it and drinking it. I have at least 2 kegs on tap at anyone time. I noticed I drink a lot more beer when it's on tap. My wife thinks I am obsessed with beer. I purchased my large egg about 1 1/2 months ago and my wife thinks I am obsessed with the egg (and the forum). I think I might try brewing a batch using the egg. Has anyone does this before?[p]BYO beer, BeerMike

I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    Toe 49,
    Hmmm... I am very active in out local construction trade and I handle most of the residential construction financing for our county. One day, a group of contractors and sub contractors were having a trade association meeting and we began to share Nextel numbers. I'm not on nextel so everyone had to program my number into their phones a little different. One of the contractors suggested Banker John because it had a special "ring". The name kinda stuck. [p]Banker John

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Nature Boy,
    Lemme chime in here. Good hearin' from you. If you're gonna be a stranger to the outside world, drop me an email.[p]I value your thoughts, your opinions and your insights.[p]Ken

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Kelly Keefe:[p]This reminds me of a "black sheep" story . . . (smilie thingie)
    [/b]
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    StumpBaby,
    Welcome back! Glad you jumped the train when the circus come through town.[p]Ken

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Bob:[p]LOL . . . I hope I can reverse things before I get there!
    [/b]
  • gotta-mado
    gotta-mado Posts: 15
    Kelly Keefe,[p]How's about: "Double K"
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Toe 49,[p]Great thread indeed!! This kind of thing sort of helps "fill in the blanks" for the long, and short timmers alike here on the Forum!![p]As for me.....Well in the "old days".... I was known to eat a bit!! I grew up in the Midwest, (Southern Indiana and St Louis).Barbecue was known to be a particulair favorite of mine![p]At the drop of a hat... I'd throw a scare into a rack or two of "Spares"!![p]My buddies swore that anytime we'd happen across that "Sweet Hickory Smoke" risin'....I'd "Pop a Chubby"!! Now....for those of you who know what "that" means...well, there's no further explanation required!! [p]Were they right.......??? Maybe so....But I'm not tellin'!![p]I'm not the threat I once was to large ammounts of Pork Ribs, but..."They still call me Chubby, and any of the fine folks here are welcome to also"!![p]

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Toe 49,
    Mine is a tribute to my grandson Jack who died almost 5 yrs ago. I also make a chili rub that I sell to my freinds that I call Jack's Chili Rub. No plans on going commercial yet but everyone says I should. Anyway I felt it a good way of remembering him(like I'd ever forget). He was named after me in a fashion being that Jack is a nickname for Jon. That's my story anyway
    Stay in the smoke
    Jon

• Toe 49, I used to have hair on the top of my head, went in the army and came out with none. friends started calling me slicktop. bald and proud.

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Cap'n,[p]
    My Hero
    JedClampett.jpg
    1908-2003[p]
    You know he's up yonder sitting on a bench, yukking it up with Granny, whittling on a stick and sipping on some xxx moonshine with ol Blue at his side. Sigh.

• Love Handles
    Love Handles Posts: 253
    Toe 49,
    Well having the name Mike Love and being 6' 4" tall and weighing in at 285lbs, I've developed those things above the hips called "LOVE HANDLES" Could a diet be in the future?

• Car Wash Mike, To quote the anthem cried in 1985, "You gotta BELIEVE!" I can't believe I am saying that as I still bleed Cardinal Red. Even though I have worked for the Royals since '93, this is my first year of being a true blue Royals fan. I listen to the Royals on the radio now instead of the Cardinals. My Grandpa Juggy is rolling over in his grave..........[p]Thanks to everyone regarding their kind words. I haven't been on line much the last six weeks and I have had limited time to post.[p]BTW Mike, if you got time this Saturday, come on up to the 'burg. Dad and I will be cooking in the Johnson County Fair KCBS BBQ Contest. Show up around noon, sample what we have cooked and help us decide what to turn in. :-)[p]Beers to all,[p]JDB - Juggy D Beerman