Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Orange Cajun Pork with Garlic Cheddar Buscuits

Toe 49Toe 49 Posts: 193
edited 4:47PM in EggHead Forum
site1032.JPG
<p />This is my first attempt at posting a picture so hopefully this works. Over the weekend I did some Orange Cajun Pork which came out great. I soaked the pork in orange juice for close to 36 hours (didn't cook as soon as I planned). I took out of fridge and let pork get to room temperature. I then coated one side of the pork with Evangeline's Cajun Seasoning and the other side with Evangeline's G'rilla Shaker (thanks Chef Wil.....they are both GREAT). I put on the pizza stone for the biscuits and surrounded the stone with the pork.....cooked for a total of 10 minutes....they came out a little charred but I like it that way!! Cooked this on the large BGE while corn in husk was cooking on the small. Add my wife’s pasta salad and a tossed salad with lettuce, pickled beats, artichoke hearts, carrots and grape tomatoes and we had a great meal!! [p]NOTE: I TOTALLY covered the pork in the Evangeline's seasoning and the mix of spices and the orange, and the pork was EXCELLENT!!

Comments

• Toe 49Toe 49 Posts: 193
    site1033.JPG
    <p />Picture #2
    site1034.JPG
    <p />Pic #3
  • Toe 49,[p]SHOW OFF !!!![p]Looks great ! (smile)[p]KL
  • QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    Toe 49,[p]Do you have a recipe for the biscuits?[p]Thanks,
    QBabe
    :~)

QBabe,[p]Very basic.....[p]2 cups Bisquick or other butter-milk baking mix
    2/3 cup milk
    1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    1 tbsp crushed garlic (optional)
    1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder[p]I mix the baking mix/bisquick, milk and cheddar cheese, sometimes the crushed garlic. I don't really worry about temperature but somewhere between 350-400, and watch them for browning. I'll flip when the bottoms get golden brown. When they are done I'll melt the butter and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and brush over the biscuits. They usually disappear pretty fast. Depending on the amout of biscuits needed I may double or tripple the biscuit mix....[p]

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,508
    Toe 49,
    HEY!!! Where are my cheddar biscuits??[p]Looks great Tom!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ