Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

after a month of chicken and smoked fish, mrs. wants a change

smokeypetesmokeypete Posts: 63
edited 4:04PM in EggHead Forum
so what should be next. i would like a challenge, but not brisket or ribs, maybe a pork butt??? i would like to do a beef cook, not a steak tho, too simple. any suggestions? we are trying to lose some weight so not too fatty either. am i being a pain in the brisket? has anyone done a chuck roast low and slow? what marinade?

Comments

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    07_08_0016_03_01_small.jpg
    <p />smokeypete, how about an "English Cut Chuck Roast" - fancy name for a chuck roast - turns out very nice - unlike pulled pork, I add the sauce right after the cook! [p]BTW - the sauce I use for beef is "JJ's Q Sauce" that can be found at ... http://yyyz.net/bge/R_JJsDippinSauce.asp
    or in the recipe section. [p]Good luck :~}[p]

[ul][li]Pulled Beef BBQ [/ul]
  • Banker JohnBanker John Posts: 583
    smokeypete,
    I have tried the mexican meat loaf from the recipe section and had great results. [p]Let us know what you end up cooking.[p]Bnaker John

• Chef WilChef Wil Posts: 702
    smokeypete,
    pulled beef is great, but a top sirloin roast
    (end cap removed ) about a 5 pounder, slathered in mustard, using your favorite rub, take it to a 160 degree internal temp, roasted corn on the cob, and maybe some yellow baby squash.....bon apetite

• PonchoPoncho Posts: 49
    smokeypete,
    Take a few portobello mushrooms. Marinate in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and parsley for a couple of hours. Grill them up like a steak or burger with the same accompaniments.
    Poncho

• JethroJethro Posts: 495
    banker john,[p]I just cooked one last night. They are pretty good.[p]Regards,
    Jethro

• smokeypetesmokeypete Posts: 63
    thanks for the suggestions... i'll probably try them all and post the results.