Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SUCCESS!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hey gang,[p]well, i finally took the plunge and invited guests over for a cookout yesterday afternoon and needless to say i was a bit nervous because i was cooking the main course....baby back ribs! 1 day prior i had rubbed my babybacks w/ a recipe from this site (removed the membrane of course) and wrapped them in plastic wrap overnight. having a little eggstra time on my hands i let the egg climb to 650 degrees to get a really good fire going. i closed down the vent to approx 1/2 inch and closed the daisy wheel top all the way, but left the holes in the top of the wheel open 1/8 inch or thereabouts. finally got her steadied at 225 degrees. put the ribs in a rack (6 racks total) and set then on a raised grid (direct, no drip) and cooked them for 3 hours basting both sides twice over the last 30 minutes . here's what my guests had to say about the ribs.." u know somethin...these are the best ribs i've ever had" well, when i heard that i was finally convinced that i was the owner of the finest ceramic cooker anywhere! thank you BGE.[p]regards,[p]DA_Butcher

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Da_Butcher,
    Big Green Egg should adopt "Told you so" as their post-sell followup advertisement. Isn't it great when things turn out so predictable?[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Unknown
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]yes iu agree they should....the hardest thing to do is not "peek" before it's time...[p]regards,[p]DA_Butcher[p]
  • smokeypete
    smokeypete Posts: 63
    Options
    Da_Butcher, thanks Da.. you have inspired me to try ribs in the near future. i have a friend who loves ribs, but i have never cooked any. your success gave me the courage to attempt to cook some too. i printed your note and will follow your method. i'll let you know how it goes!
  • Unknown
    Options
    smokeypete,[p]good luck partner...they were just about the easiest thing to do! if ya have any questions please e-mail me...[p]lemme know how it works out![p]regards,[p]Da_Butcher