Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Large BGE Owner - "My Fault" - Let new owner know of accessories "needed"

Options
Toe 49
Toe 49 Posts: 193
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So.....last fall I let my younger brother borrow my small BGE to take to a New England Patriots football game for tailgating before the game. This was the first time he had cooked on one himself but he's sampled many of my meals of my BGE family. Well, I see him this past weekend and had he says "You F%#*!#, you made me spend close to $800.00 the other day!!" Turns out he like it so much he went out and purchased a large BGE for himself, but it's my fault because I let him borrow the small. Well, he let me borrow his jeep wrangler a little over a year ago while in Ireland for a month. I like that so much I went out and bought one.....I'd say I've spent more because of him than he has because of me. So, this brings the ceramic cooker/BGE products among 3 of the 8 siblings to a grand total of 8...[p]So, now let my younger brother in on the number of "necessary" Egg-cessaries he will want/need. Also, let him know what you thing of the BGE cookbook.[p]Thanks a lot!!
Tom

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Toe 49,
    For the accessories you'll need, I'd say the nest to get it up off of the ground, the thermometer, adjustable daisy,(top damper), These are what I think you need. Another handy item, is a remote sensor/thermometer. I just got one with 2 probes, 1 for checking the oven temp. and the other for the meat. Worked pretty good, you could tell if your temp was getting too high or too low, w/o standing by it.

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    Bill Sorenson,
    This link will be one I share with my brother tomorrow. I'm heading over to have dinner and show him some things I've learned over the years....most from this website. We'll have to get him involved.