Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

NOMEX & Eggfest

SmokinGuitarPlayerSmokinGuitarPlayer Posts: 697
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm not sure if it's been reported here before but the nomex material for the new "high temperature" gaskets SHRINKS when it gets hot the first time. I noticed this on my trusty, krusty Large Egg a little while ago.... it was fitted perfectly (see the video) and after the first few cooks ..there was a 3/8" gap between the 2 ends of the gasket. I called a nomex manufacturer who concurred, nomex shrinks. He recommended putting any new nomex in the dryer before installing it to "pre-shrink" it. So, since we FINALLY GOT our huge load of nomex and filled all the backorders, I have finally been able to "sacrifice" a piece to check it out. I took a 6 ft piece and stuck it in the dryer for 15 minutes and lo and behold ..it shrunk approximately 1/2 inch!
So may I suggest that after receiving a new nomex gasket kit, toss it in the dryer (without the can of spray glue) before installing and the Egg gods shall be happy.

ALSO , REMEMBER THE MidEggLantic Blues & BBQ Fest in 2 weeks in Shillington, Pa. ...we have plenty of people cooking but still have room for more!

FB/SGP

Comments