Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

strangest thing tonight...

Options
13»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    just 6 sams and six buds. thats why i always bring my own on reserve hidden away in the truck on ice. would it have been rude of your guest to take out their thermopen :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    no. i think the problem was that there was way more beer than that in the cooler at the start. the kid's party was from 1 to 4pm. they stayed til 1am. one couple didn't show up til 8pm. brought his own heineken (a twelve pack) and when that ran out, complained about the sam's and harpoon.

anyway, all i know is i don't mock what folks serve me.

the hard part is biting your tongue and not trying to be a fancy boy when they say stuff like "undercooked food" and talk about how less-than-manly it is to drink one beer versus another.

i never understood that argument. i'm thinking, "i can drink your beer and mine, but you can only drink your watery stuff. and somehow that makes ME the girly-man?" hahaha

>>>this just in from the wife, apparently the dude spent all day yesterday throwing up. so there's some justice
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    Options
    thanks all. real conundrum here. if i say 'thanks' to each poster (beli is always very good about his), i will be hogging the airwaves more than i already do.

thanks to everyone....
    J
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    No one ever said you weren't a psychopath - just that your guests were rude.

I think you are totally screwed in the head.
  • stike
    Options
    likewise...
    hahahaha
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    i have a friend that has always shown up with some skunkey lousy beer like coors extra gold, then proceeds to drink my sams until they are all gone. been doing this since i was probably 13 or so. (funny how a kid could buy a case back then compared to today) well two weekends ago i show up with micelob lights and proceed to drink his sams on the boat all the time asking dad if he wanted a sams too, then another sams, well that sams tastes like another sams and so on. i even asked the dog. i think he is pissed, he is quitting cigs at the same time so i really think he was feeling the pain :laugh: you should have broke out the single malts and really took him down. a small price but it might have been the last time he came over
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stike
    Options
    scotch would have been a waste on that guy.

i can't believe it took you that long to turn the tables on your buddy.

as for buying at an early abserver" paper delivery bag, pedal up on a brown columbia bicycle (with home made chopper fork) to the villagestore in salem, and take out a LIST. going to the cooler, grabbing one, putting it on the counter, then going back for the next one. buying a rack for each of his three friends and himself. just in case, he had a fake id. but they never asked
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Just reading this and Stike you showed more control then I ever could've. Props to you for maintaining your control. And this forum was the proper place to vent...it is both BGE and food related....and mildly entertaining.

We entertain a lot and love it when true friends stay late. However, be prepared for leftovers, random beer I have in the garage fridge, and good times and conversation. If that doesn't cut it...then see you later and maybe the friends and I will show you to the door....
  • James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    Options
    Stike - I hope you read this. Yes I know I'm taking up bandwidth too but I came across this thread by accident - must have been fate, anyway I always enjoy your posts.
    I was at a Kid's (5 year old) party on Saturday and many of the parents looked glum but something struck me. (I'd much rather have been at your place but it wasn't about me)

The invite said 2pm to 4pm - very clear

In fact by 4pm people were glad to leave - there's only so much running around and sugar before meltdown! (OK they're younger)

To cap it all it was in a sports centre (indoors) and the weather was glorious and on driving out I saw a pub with a nice beer garden next door.

Seriously though you really should have let them go at 4 like you agreed...sometime after that it became your fault for not making it clear. They were arses too but you need to take some of the blame for being too nice and training them to be worse- imagine the next poor victims. Now if you were reading this account on the forum I'd be interested in your reply! (I know - I'm not getting an invite :laugh: )