Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoked baby-backs on the beach

King-O-CoalsKing-O-Coals Posts: 510
edited 5:05PM in EggHead Forum
SMOKERIBS.JPG
<p />Guru and I have been at Spring-Training. He got a week off and we decided to condition ourselves for the upcoming summer. This is 6 slabs of baby-backs, each cut in half. Twelve halves are quite a load even for the large BGE, but we just occasionally shuffled them for about 4 hours at 275. This was NB's Ginger/Mahogany recipe and I used the finishing sauce too this time. I think we had six single ribs left over. They dissapeared the next morning. Been off the computer for a couple of weeks. Now I'll never catch-up on the happenings on the forum.[p]Happy weekend,,, still one day left on it.
·

Comments

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    King-O-Coals, great looking ribs!

·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    King-O-Coals,[p]You done good -- real good![p]Tim
    ·
  • Dr. ChickenDr. Chicken Posts: 620
    King-O-Coals,
    I second Tim's and Gfw's comments! They look good 'nough to eat![p]Dr. C

·
  • WINDFIRE.JPG
    <p />Dr. Chicken, dey-wuz,, and wez did. And we cooked them not one day too soon. The next day we had a front come through and it's amazing how a little breeze will help keep the fire going.

·
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    King-O-Coals,[p]That's some fancy looking work! When do the cooking lessons begin? I'm ready to sign up!
    ·
  • Smokey, it's just trial and error.. Hopefully few errors, but the trials are tons of fun. The more I cook, the more I realize that I hardly ever do things the same way twice. It makes for some interesting results. (Some good, some better:)

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    King-O-Coals,
    Way to stack em in there! Who cares if the grid is all filled up, WE'VE GOT MORE RIBS!! Great shot, and nice little cooking spot with a serious view. Makes my day to see you used my recipe. I better do those again and get some practice for the eggfest! When you cook by the water like that, do you add less salt???? heeee.[p]Have a great weekend.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    K.O.C.,[p]I share your thoughts about never doing things the same twice! I ran out of a rub I made a few months ago, so, I tried to make more. The results were a bit different, but very good.[p]My new speciality is Cajun Corned Beef. The smoke mellows the spices (I use a healthy amout of cyane peper). I cook/smoke about 1.5 hours per lb to an interal temp of 175 or so (foil the last hour). If you need something to do, give it a try!
    ·
  • Nature Boy, less salt,, more spice. And we must always take care to avoid dehydration,, so we up the fluid intake. "wink-wink"!

·
  • Nature Boy,[p]I have tried to find your recipe .... no can find. Can you shoot me a copy for the ribs and the sauce? Sounds real gooood...[p]CptBBQ
    ·
    Captain BBQ,
    This should get you there. It is under new recipes.
    If you change the "pork0133" in the URL to "pork0134", that'll get you the sauce recipe.[p]Or just look under New Recipes - Pork, and the recipes are next to each other. Let me know if you have any questions.[p]NB

[ul][li]Ginger Mahogany Ribs[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
    K.O.C.,
    I can picture myself on that deck indulging in some self-marination. And maybe a few ribs. Nice work.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
  • Nature Boy,[p]Thanks...as a "newbee" to all of this I didn't think to click on the "new recipe" button. Man this opens up a whole new world :-) ![p]CaptBBQ

·
  • Captain BBQ, I have found that when these folks start quoting recipes that contain spices and seasonings that I've never heard of,,, I start hunting those things and give it a whirl. So far, I have not been disappointed. Now,, where do I find a Latino Market in Mobile?:i

·