Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The 4th in MadMaxville

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
MaxBrettSpread.jpg
<p />A generous invitation from Max and Brett was all it took for me to make a short trip down the road to Snarlington, and Madmaxville, where Brett and Max live accross the street from each other in a particularly smoke-concentrated section of the neighborhood![p]It was an honor to spend the evening with friends and family of these hooligans. I brought over some zuchinni and sugar snaps from the garden, and combined with some shrooms, red bell pepper and fresh pineapple...and did a high temp grill-wok-stir-inferno. With this simple contribution, I was treated to my choice of food from a righteously killer spread on the table. Ribs. Brisket. Chicken. Bean salad. Egged Baked bean casserole. Slaw. Cawn on da cob. Best brownies I ever had. Mad Max's egged apple clobber. [p]Brett cooked an especially nice chunk-o-chest, and he displays his handiwork proudly.[p]BrettBrisket.jpg[p]Thanks for a great time fellas. Hope everyone had a great 4th, and that the fun continues through the weekend![p]BEERS!
Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Looks great! I have yet to master brisket, but will keep trying....[p]Here's to a long weekend!
    Tonia
    :~)

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    QBabe,
    Isn't it a shame to have to keep "practicing"! Cuz I'm thinking most of your cooks come out very edible even though not "perfect".

• Unknown
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    it was great to have you join us. . .with your fame though, it was tough fitting in the secret service agents and your 'posse' though.. .heeee . . .. sorry you didn't hang for max and brett's famous fireworks display. . .it's always a nice 'all american' way to close out the evening. . .the kids (and adults), lined up along the sidewalk while brett and i risk life and limb lighten em up out in the street. .. ooooooohhhhhhh/aaaaaaaahhhhhhh. ..[p]we are just glad that you managed to find your way in from the boonies and visit us inside the beltway. .. you are always welcome. . .[p]and your veggies were a hit as well. ...[p]can't wait till we do it again. . .

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdom,[p]"it's always a nice 'all american' way to close out the evening"[p]Yup, celebrate the birth of our country by blowing up a small part of it![p]Heeeee,
    Cornfed
    [/b]
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Cornfed,
    that's all part of what makes america great. . .we have the ability to openly defend our rights to kill ourselves in as many ways as is humanly possible. . .(woe, not trying to start anything here with those on the left or the right. ..just being silly). .. [p]max[p]

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I'm too much of a wuss to play around with fireworks. Smokin' Todd usually blows up a small portion of our neighborhood each 4th of July and New Years, but he was away for this holiday.[p]That line, like most of what I say, comes from a quote from a Simpsons episode.[p]I've had so much BBQ the past two days that I'm actually considering ordering a pizza...[p]Happy 5th!,
    Cornfed
    [/b]
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Cornfed,
    pretty funny about smokin todd. . .guess i now know where the name really comes from. . .reminds me of the time i went up to "lon giland" to my uncle's for the fourth a bunch of years ago. . .had me bring up fireworks from here in virginia (gee, how many interstate laws did i break). . .he always had the whole neighborhood over for a cookout (i'm talkin about a 100 people, he was a great cook, would have loved eggin if he were still alive). .. anyway, he spent the whole day tellin everyone about his wonderful nephew and the killer fireworks from virginia and how great it was gonna be. . well. .. it was a real humid, moist day/evening, and most of the fireworks fizzled, and he told all those real polite and understanding new yorkers that it was all MY fault. . .i barely got back to the jersey turnpike with all my parts still attached. . . ahh. ... family memories. .nothin like em. .. .LOL[p]