Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can I do it?

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
honey-sesamie-shrimp.jpg
<p />Just trying to post a pic...

Comments

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    QBabe,
    Can't see it here in Vermont!! :-)

• QBabe
    Options
    honey-sesamie-shrimp.jpg
    <p />QBabe,[p]Not that time...maybe this one?[p]
  • QBabe
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Maybe this way....[p]honey-sesamie-shrimp.jpg
  • QBabe
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Ok, last time....[p]honey-sesamie-shrimp.jpg
  • Drivr
    Drivr Posts: 163
    Options
    QBabe,
    Beutiful looking shrimp! Got a recipe to share with those? I need and idea for tonights cook.

• QBabe
    Options
    Drivr,[p]It's from Raichlen's Barbecue Bible....[p]"Honey Sesame Shrimp On the Barbie"[p]1 1/2 lbs shrimp (mine were peeled/deveined)
    5 tbsp Asian (dark) sesame oil
    3 tbsp rice wine, sake, or dry sherry (we used the sherry)
    3 tbsp soy sauce
    1 1/2 tbsp honey
    1 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
    1 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce (optional)
    1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
    2 cloves garlic, crushed with the side of a cleaver
    2 slices (1/4" thick) fresh ginger
    2 scallions, trimmed, white part flattened with the side of a cleaver, green part finely chopped and set aside for garnish.[p]1) Rinse the shrimp, then drain and blot dry. Set aside.
    2) Combine 3tbsp sesamie oil, rice wine (or whatever you chose), soy sauce, honey, sesame seeds, chili sauce (if using), and five-spice powder in a large bowl and whisk to blend. Stir in garlic, ginger, scallions (whites), and shrimp to coat. Cover and let marinate in the refrig for 30-60 minutes (ours went longer, with no problems).
    3) Preheat grill to high (400°-500° on the dome).
    4) Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp from the marinade to another bowl and toss with the remaining 2 tbsp sesame oil. Discard the garlic, scallion tops and ginger slices. Bring the marinade to a boil over medium-high heat and cook uncovered to a thick, syrupy glaze, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
    5) When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Arrange shrimp on the hot grate and grill turning with tongs, until nicely browned on the outside and firm and pink on the inside, about 2 minutes per side. Brush the shrimp with the glaze when you flip.
    6) Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with the chopped scallion greens.[p]I skewered mine, just 'cause they're easier to handle that way. With a hot direct cook like that, the longer you mess with trying to flip them, the more oxygen gets to the lump and I end up with serious flare ups if it takes too long![p]They were very good. Have fun!
    Tonia
    :~)

• Cap'n
    Cap'n Posts: 72
    Options
    pig1.jpg
    <p />testing pics myself - please ignore