Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My LBGE has a new friend...

FearlessGrill
FearlessGrill Posts: 695
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My Large now has a companion... I found this Small BGE for sale on Boston Craigslist, and picked it up last weekend. Not a bad deal for $200, including the nest. Although it is an older model (doesn't have the screen on the lower door, or the spring hinge), it was in nearly new condition. The gasket was pristine, the interior was pretty clean, etc.

DSC_0015-1-.jpg

Used it for the 1st time last night to make some steaks. It took longer to heat up than my Large does, and didn't get quite as hot, but it worked just fine.

-John

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Congratulations on your second egg. Looks like a nice find.

You can order a screen from BGE or your dealer. The dome is light enough I am not sure if a spring hinge is needed.

GG
  • WingRider
    WingRider Posts: 326
    Nice find!! :woohoo: My small was the same scissor hinge and screenless lower vent. I eventually upgraded both, the spring hinge holds the lid open differently than the scissor hinge (pulls the lid back) for more room to work. I think that it was well worth the money and I like the security of the screen on the lower vent.