Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooked something new - S'Mores Cupcakes

FearlessGrill
FearlessGrill Posts: 695
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife came up with this recipe, heavily modified from the original found in Marcel Desaulniers' Death by Chocolate Cakes. Rather than making one large cake as called for in the book, she made a bunch of cupcakes, and used the Egg to impart a smokey flavor to them while toasting the meringue topping. She substituted almond butter for the peanut butter from the original recipe. The combination of almond, chocolate, and a bit of smoke was fantastic.

6a00e5502e1c01883401156f3d7aeb970c-800wi

This was a really long and complex recipe, so I'm not going to copy the whole thing here. I've provided the list of ingredients below so you can see all the good things that go into this... The full recipe with step by step instructions is posted on our blog at http://www.fearlesskitchen.com/2009/04/recipe-smores-cakelets.html

Here is the ingredient list (makes 24)

11 double graham crackers, broken into pieces
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into pieces
3 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk