Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ delight Sugar Maple

TomM24
TomM24 Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First time I used it. Country style ribs, Sweet Baby Rays sauce and the sugar maple smoke. A very good combination. Sorry no pictures

Comments

• John Henry makes a great sugar maple rub. Is that what you used?
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Sounds great Tom! I have used regular maple smoke wood and wonder if you can tell the difference between it and sugar maple. It strikes me as funny that anyone would knowingly cut down a sugar maple for smoke wood when maple syrup is going for $60-65 a gallon. Also the other name for sugar maple is rock maple. If you have ever tried to split any for the fireplace you will know why! LOL.
    You've inspired me, I'm going to have to try my first ribs. the only thing I might vary would be the sauce. Nothing against Sweet Baby Rays but I like to dabble in the arcane culinary crafts and will mix up a homemade BBQ sauce sweetened with real maple syrup to go with the maple smoke wood. smiley_drool.gif

Gator
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Tom I used some this weekend on wings. First time using. WOW!, they were good!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE