Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

spice time

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am a recent BGE convert, and still in the process of adjusting cooking techniques. It seems that rubs and marinades have to be allowed to work their magic for longer periods of time than they did with my prior charcoal grill. It is worth the wait, but am I doing something wrong or should I just chalk it up to not being able to rush perfection?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Bryan Trible,
    Not sure I totally understand your question...So, you are finding that the rub.marinade flavors are not showing up as well in the finished product, as they did on your old cooker?? , I will say that I have found that longer cooks tend to mellow spices quite a bit....in which case I use more rub, and reapply a light coat somewhere during the second half of the cook. For shorter fast cooks a light coat works well, as the spices do not have time to mellow out.[p]I can't imagine that it would be a cooker issue. The rub or marinade will only slightly penetrate the meat whichever cooker you use. [p]Not sure if this helps.
    Good luck finding your groove!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ