Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wickles Pizza

soulfish
soulfish Posts: 68
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I read all the pizza threads because that's the best way to learn new and different methods of pie making. The posts this morning were too much to deny the fact that there has not been a hot pie here for a week. So I churn up some dough and me and the mrs. head over to the big ol lawn and garden sale at the local nursery while the rise is happening. I notice some free food samples of dips and assorted salsas and stuff. Picked up a pickle slice and WHAMMO, the zesty flavor of bread and butter pickle and some heat and sourness all combined slapped me in the head. We walked out with a half gallon of my newly discovered treasure. Stopped at the Meijer for cheeses and a few items then straight home to deal with the pizza obsession from this morning. I'm trying to decide what toppings so I decided to consult my "wise master".110055466.jpg
No not him. The "Extreme All Knowing One"
92134641.jpg
The one with the hair. He seemed to indicate the jar of Wickles, and since he can do no wrong, I did as commanded.
large.jpg
111791020.jpg
The reviews were sort of in favor of not having Wickles on pizza anymore. Although they are delicious in their proper setting, think smoked meat sammich, they won't be on another pizza around here. I'm also going to try and not do the bidding of "The Wise One", at least when it comes to food prep. That fool will eat anything. Sincerely yours masterblaster