Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

There's a new brew in town-not OT

Options
Scotty's Inferno
Scotty's Inferno Posts: 624
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Leave it to the experts at Sierra Nevada to paint another masterpiece. Their Summerfest ale is sumthin' else. I had one while making meatloaf--not OT!

Totally staged photo!
CayoCosta09020.jpg?t=1240315360

Recipe below!
CayoCosta09018.jpg?t=1240314832
Ain’t Momma’s Meat Loaf
By Scott Borders (Scotty's Inferno)
This meat loaf is an all time favorite at the Borders' house. The recipe I used at the Florida Egg Fest
comes from the book "Smoke & Spice" by Jamison, with a few small modifications. If you're
going to do this, I suggest you make 2 or 3 loafs, and "food saver" slices for later use.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 yellow bell pepper--or any color, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/4 pounds ground sirloin
3/4 pounds ground pork
1 1/2 cups plain dry bread crumbs
3 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 large egg
1/4 cup beef stock
2 teaspoons Tabasco
1. Sauté the onion, bell pepper, garlic, pepper, salt and cumin in the oil 'til the onions and bell
pepper are soft.
2. Pour the vegetable/spice mixture into a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix
thoroughly with your hands.
3. Place in a greased loaf plan, and chill.
The Cook:
Heat your Egg to 250 dome, with an indirect set up. Add a small handful of Mesquite chips and put
loaves on for 1 hour.
After cooking in the loaf pan for one hour, the loaf should be firmed up. Take the pan out, pour off
the liquid, and carefully take loaf out of pan. Place loaf back in Egg, and cook until internal temp of
165-170. This usually takes about 2 1/2 hours.
From time to time, I'll add more chips when I take the loaf out of the pan to hit the newly exposed
outside to some smoke. I did not do this at the Fest.

Comments