Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chim-Chimney Grand opening....and the invisible Chubby

Options
Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bummed?[p]That would be putting it mildly!! [p]We (My sister an I ) planned to leave Cypress about 11:30...shoulda' got us there between 12:30 and 1:00, trafic depending! "Planned"... would be the operative word here I guess!!
Since she IS my Sister, and I do love her...I will not slander her otherwise good name here in the Green Room. That being said....she shows up @ 1:30....due to "teen-ager issues"!! What's a Brother to do??[p]We finally pull in to League City about 2:45....I survey the parking lot....and approach the "Weber Dude" and ask....have you seen any odd looking fellows hovering around the ceramic cookers? He says..."Yea!! There was a bunch of them here , but you missed them"!!
"They were all inside a while ago". "You know though....those Egger's...they're kinda like a cult or something...huh"? "I've never seen guys quite so attatched to a grill"!! I just nodded with appreciation and headed for the door!![p]My Sister shot me another "Yes, my Brother IS strange look""...confirming her long held suspicions once more!! [p]I hung around till 4:30 hoping someone else was as late as me....but to no avail....sure am sorry I missed you guys!! [p]One last thing....when I said I was here to look at the Ceramics....everyone looked @ me like..."Oh...there's another one of them"!!
Each time a different person there related the story about "Those Egger's" back there sitting @ the table"...the numbers grew....first in was 10...then 15....one woman proclaimed..."there musta' been two dozen of them"!! [p]Don't worry though....I did not reveal our plans for World Domminace!![p]Chubby[p]PS....the Owner sure was excited to his very own laminated "Spring Chicken" Card....!!!

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Chubby,
    Sorry we missed you but we waited and waited and waited. A few Eggheads we didn't know about showed up and really made for a nice conversation. I made up some laminated cards with my e-mail address and gave them out with the hope that they will contact me later. Maybe we can get together for a real Egg Fest.[p]Did you get to taste some of their various meats? They had a small brisket on the Egg and planned to have it cooked in three hours. Good flavor but a bit tough after such a short cook. They did quite well considering it was a store parking lot. I was thinking about picking up a mini while I was there but they didn't have one in stock. I did get some of their lump, some Cajun flavored rub, some sawdust type fire starters, some jalapeno stuffed olives and some spray stuff called Cajun Blast Basting Sauce, a clear substance that is supposed to give a last minute kick to whatever you are cooking. Brad said it goes very well on hot wings. Might try it later this week. Doing a brisket with Cajun rub today.[p]Anyway, it was a nice event. Sorry we missed you.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• WudEyeDoo
    WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
    Options
    Chubby,[p]I was wondering where you were. It was pretty cool getting to put faces with names finally. Wish we could have met but Brad and Brenda sounded like they are seriously going to try a small eggfest sometime in the future. When that event happens, tell your sister that teenager-itis will not be tolerated. (My family suffers from that ailment on occaision as well)
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Chubby,[p]Was sorry to miss you as well. I left about 2:00, at which time I figured the owners were getting a little tired of me bragging to everybody about the Egg. I might have sold a few though.[p]TRex
  • Shoosh
    Shoosh Posts: 19
    Options
    Chubby,
    too bad you couldn't make it. I didn't know if I could since my one year old daughter was napping- didn't know when she would wake up. I see you live in Cypress, we live at 529 and Hwy 6. Are you from Cypress (because my wife grew up there and went to Cy-Fair)?
    I bought a plate setter at Chim-chimneys and tried it out yesterday-made some ribs and used some peach tree chunks from the backyard. My wife loved them.

• WudEyeDoo
    WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
    Options
    TRex,
    When I left, you and Shoosh and BigJim had that guy who said he just came in "looking for a grill" in a headlock, trying to explain the virtue's of owning the BGE:) It was kind of funny, you could tell he was thinking "Who ARE these guys?" After the 3 of you were finished with him I figured he would be walking out of there with an egg, all the accessories, and his own handle for the forum. Did you ever convince him?