Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Little Help Needed w/ Boston Butt

BrahmabullBrahmabull Posts: 50
edited 4:28PM in EggHead Forum
I know I really need the temp on my butt to be b/t 190 and 200 before pulling, but will it be terrible if I pull w/ temp all around b/t 185 and 188?

Comments

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    no, it won't beterrible.

i've had to do the hurry-up, like for a football game with a crowd coming over.

it will be just barely pullable at 185. you need a couple forks and some time to shred it.

there is no harm at all in bumping to 300 for a couple hours at the end to try to speed things up
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Thanks, That is kinda what I thought. Hate to rush it, but I may have too.
  • Bluecrab3Bluecrab3 Posts: 328
    Go ahead and put some heat to that piece of hog!!!!!! 300 is fine. Higher if you need to...