Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Skunk

Options
civil eggineer
civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally broke in my new Maverick ET-73 last night with a couple of butts. The unit was losing communication throughout the night which would cause me to go check myself. At about 4:30 am I walked out onto the patio and adjusted the air damper slightly. Looked to my side and a skunk was about 5 feet from me. Let out a girly yelp and the skunk high tailed it away without spraying me or my butts. :whistle:

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Whew! I have alot here and they are not afraid to saunter close to people.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I have always wanted one for a pet. I hear they make great pets. :ohmy:
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Civil, you are lucky!

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • They are nocturnal - had a family of them under my screen porch at our weekend place last summer and fortunately never had any trouble with them - FYI if your dog ever gets sprayed the tomato juice remedy is a wife's tale/mother's myth - google it - peroxide and baking soda